Wednesday 22 January 2014

Lots more cards

819 - Sini in Finland has sent me some super maxi-cards.


821 - Ann from Sydney in Australia sent me this beautiful picture of the Sydney Opera House - (another UNESCO WHS) as a thank you for some cards I sent to her.


Lovely wildlife stamps.


823 - My lovely friend Martine - my favourite Corsican - has sent me lots of maps of Corsica.  I doubt anywhere has more map postcards. This one has a charming little pussy cat on it.


826 - Seren in the USA (US-2371932) sent me a picture of her favourite hotel 299 Madison Avenue - the Library Hotel, just down the street from the New York Public Library.


I love all her stamps.

838 - A thank-you card from Andrea, David and Petra in Hungary.  It shows part of a cyclorama which depicts the arrival of the Hungarians in the Carpathian Basin in 895.


839 - Another post-related maxi from Sini.



859 - My Chinese postcrossing friends Dai Li and Feng have both sent me lots of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.  This one from Feng shows the Mutianyu Section of the Great Wall.




844 - This is another UNESCO site - The Potala Palace in China - from Dai Li.


841 - And another UNESCO site from Dai Li but this is in Cambodia.

Angkor is one of the most important archaeological sites in South-East Asia. Stretching over some 400 sq km, and including a forested area, Angkor Archaeological Park contains the magnificent remains of the different capitals of the Khmer Empire, from the 9th to the 15th century. They include the famous Temple of Angkor Wat and, at Angkor Thom, the Bayon Temple with its countless sculptural decorations. UNESCO has set up a wide-ranging programme to safeguard this symbolic site and its surroundings.

848 - Irina in Bulgaria sends me lots of cards and many of them are the shape of the country like this one.

.
851 - Another from Irina - God's Bridge.  It is not a UNESCO site but regarded by many as one of the world's natural wonders.
.
907 - My first card from Thailand (TH-145305) - thanks Leedonghee.

.
1206  - Rita from Lithuania sent me this wonderful card (LT-341001).

.
1212 & 1214 - Virginia from Barbados sent me a number of cards from one of her visits to New York.

.

1222 - Monica in Sweden and Danielle in the USA are fellow bloggers and send me lots of cards - they are my most regular swappers and have become friends over the years.  This card from Danielle is really atmospheric.


1221 - Bonnie Jeanne from Pennsylvania sent me a card that I have sent to others - it is from the postcard book 'The Reading Woman' and I love it to bits.


Bonnie Jeanne used these stamps.

1227 - Amit in India sent me this view of The Valley Of Flowers.  I appreciate the scale is probably a bit different but it could easily be a view in the Grampians.

3 comments:

  1. Lots and lots of great postcards and stamps. I like the country shaped card. It's very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful cards, as usual. Among the, the one from Thailand is a gem!

    I've received two cards form you lately that need to be answered (Beachy Head lighthouse and Downing Street, today). Thanks, I really like your choice!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome. I love it when visitors comment - even if it's only to say "Hi, I've been here!"